Tuesday, 14 May 2013

National Arts festival now in PE too!

I can't believe it is May already! That means that it is just over a month until the National Arts Festival begins...hence the feverish work behind the scenes and the silence online! (Well, that and the fact that I have been doing a lot of travelling and photography lately, lol, tons of new albums on facebook if you are interested...)

Dorelle and I were delighted by the positive response, both in sales and comments, to our show at artEC which ran until 8th March. A reminder that the work from that show can be seen on my facebook page. I seem to find it easier to upload pics there than on blogger, so if you would like regular updates on new work, or what is happening in the art world in PE, please 'like' the page.




Some interesting developments and shows have taken place in the last few months since my last update. and the great news is that it is not just in Grahamstown this year. A partnership was announced which means that several Port Elizabeth venues are included in the NAF Programme this year, and PE is officially branded as the Gateway to Grahamstown. You can find details of all the PE shows on the Arts Journey- Nelson Mandela Bay website, and the full NAF Brochure for Grahamstown and PE can be downloaded here.

I will be exhibiting in Grahamstown again this year with Jimmy Ndlovu and Ayanda Mji, and this year we have a 4th partner joining our group, Litha Ncokazi who is a brilliant ceramic artist from East London. We also have a bigger and better venue, in Seminar Room 4 of the Steve Biko Building, which  is right next to the busy Village green., so I am looking forward to a great show.  The festival takes place from Thursday 27th June to Sunday 7th July 2013.


Litha Ncokazi

Ayanda Mji


Jimmy Ndlovu

Sue Hoppe.
In the next few days I'll post pix of some of my new work that you can see at the festival.... but for now, back to the studio :)

No comments: